Salman Khan is the ‘Bhai Jaan’ of the industry, a celebrated actor among the biggest stars of Bollywood. Being moody, compassionate and erratic by nature, Salman is the most talked about hero in the B-town who has gained this successful image after doing so many movies with totally different types of roles. Today he gives a tough competition to all the newcomers in terms of acting, fan following and box office collections even. He is even the most preferred among the Khan trio, alongside Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. Being a genuinely good person by heart he also runs a charity non-profit organization, ‘Being Human’.
You must be having too many queries about his life journey. Then wait, this post will get you through with Salman Khan’s journey in the acting world till today.
Must check: Bollywood actors with 6 pack abs
Salman Khan Biography
Salman Khan was born on 27 December 1965 at Indore in Madhya Pradesh, India. He belongs to Salim Khan and Salma Khan as his loving parents. Coming from a family with rich film ancestry, Salman’s father Salim Khan is a renowned scriptwriter. His stepmother Helen is a legendary Bollywood item dancer. Apart from having two sisters, he also has two brothers too. Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan, both are renowned performers as actor, directors, and producers in Bollywood.
Salman Khan Career Journey
Enticing personality with masculine looks and charm, this dashing and handsome actor started his career journey in Bollywood in 1988 with his debut in a supporting role in Biwi Ho To Aisi. His first work is Rajshri Productions’ Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) as the lead actor which was a box office buster. This movie gave his career a kick start and brought out Salman’s potential as a fine actor among the film industry. He also won him many accolades for his debut movies. His next grand success came after 5 years struggle and under the same director, in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (1994). This movie comes under the category of Indian cinema’s highest grossing films.
Despite the fact a few of his films did not fare well, he never stopped giving amazing performances. However, the majority of his films have been box-office successes with enthusiastic reviews and mixed criticism.
Full List of Salman Khan Movies
- Sanam Bewafa, Saajan (1991)
- Karan Arjun (1995)
- Judwaa (1997)
- Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998)
- Hum Saath-Saath Hain, Biwi No.1, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999)
- Tere Naam, Baghban (2003)
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004)
- Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, No Entry (2005).
- Jaan-E-Mann, Baabul (2006)
- Partner (2007)
- God Tussi Great Ho, Heroes, Yuvvraaj (2008).
- Wanted (2009)
- Dabangg (2010)
- Ready, Bodyguard (2011)
- Ek Tha Tiger, Dabangg 2 (2012)
- Jai Ho, Kick (2014)
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Hero, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015)
- Sultan (2016)
Salman Khan Awards and Nominations
He has got so many awards till date, but we are mentioning some of the prominent here.
- 1990 – Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for Maine Pyar Kiya
- 1999 – Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 2008 – Best Anchor by Indian Television Awards for 10 Ka Dum (Season 1)
- 2009 – Best Anchor by Indian Television Awards for 10 Ka Dum (Season 2)
- 2010 – Most Entertaining Film Actor Award by BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Dabangg
- 2011 – Star Screen Award for Best Actor for Dabangg
- 2011 – Most Entertaining Actor in an Action Role by BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Bodyguard
- 2011 – Stardust Award for Star of the Year – Male for Dabangg
- 2011 – Best Host on Television by The Global Indian Film and TV Honours for Bigg Boss (Season 4)
- 2012 – People’s Choice Awards Favorite Movie Actor for Ek Tha Tiger
- 2013 – Screen Award for movie Dabangg 2
- 2015 – BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- 2015 – IIFA Award for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Other Awards and Successes
- 2004 – Voted as the 7th best-looking man in the world and the best looking man in India by People magazine, U.S.
- 2007 – Rajiv Gandhi Award for his Outstanding achievement in entertainment
- 2008 – The fourth Indian actor to have been replicated as a wax statue Madame Tussauds wax museum in London.
- 2010 – IIFA Award for Habitat Humanity Ambassadorship
- 2011 – AXN Action Award for Best Action Actor for Dabangg
- 2011 – Voted the most desirable man by The Times of India.
- 2011 – 17th International Children’s Film Festival for Best Feature Film for Chillar Party
- 2012 – Another life wax statue was installed in Madame Tussauds wax museum in New York
- 2013 – India’s Most Searched Celebrity Online
- 2014 – Topped the Forbes India chart for both fame and revenue
- 2015 – Forbes listed him 7th as the World’s Highest Paid Actors
List of Salman Khan’s upcoming movies
- Tubelight- Releasing on 23 June 2017
- Tiger Zinda hai- Releasing on 22 Dec 2017
- Dabangg 3- 2018
- Atul Agnihotri’s- Untitled – Not defined
- KICK 2- Not Defined
- No Entry Mein Entry- Not Defined
- Partner 2- Not Defined
- Sher Khan – Not Defined
Personal Details of Salman Khan
Full name: Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan
Nick Name: Sallu, Bhaijaan, Dabangg Khan, Tiger Khan
Date of Birth: 27 December 1965
Education: Salman Khan attended ‘Scindia School‘ in Gwalior with his younger brother Arbaaz Khan. Then, Salman went to ‘St. Stanislaus High School‘ in Bandra, Mumbai. He didn’t get beyond schooling as he got roles in the movies, thereafter.
Height: 5 ft 8 inches or 174 cm
Weight: 88 kg or 194 pounds
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Girlfriend / Spouse: Salman Khan dated
- Sangeeta Bijlani
- Somy Ali
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Katrina Kaif
- Lulia Vantur
Salman Khan Net Worth
Salman Khan is one of the highest paid actors in Bollywood. Due to his luxurious lifestyle, his net worth stands around $210 million. The net worth includes remuneration from movies, income from brand endorsements and personal investments. In Rupees the estimated net worth is around Rs. 1480 Crore.
He is also famous as the only Indian actor to ever collect more than $75 million net in one year. Salman Khan Property includes a large collection of cars and motorcycles that include such brands such as BMW X6, Toyota Land Cruiser, Audi R8, BMW M5, Lexus, Mercedes and Suzuki GSX, Suzuki Hayabusam and Yamaha R1.
This is all about your favorite actor, the Bhaijaan of Industry, Salman Khan. We will be back with the raving updates of his latest and upcoming movies soon. If you like the blog, then also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Insta…
Stay tuned with us for his movie reviews and other news feeds. Till then keep hustle!