Netflix is perfect for all sort of people cause this streaming service provides unlimited streaming of TV shows, movies, comedy specials and original programming (including Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards and the new hit Stranger Things) only for $8 per month. Netflix is the world’s major internet entertainment service with 104 million subscribers worldwide in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day.
Surprising 9 Things You Didn’t Know About Netflix
1. Netflix was founded by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph on August 29, 1997.
2. Hastings invested $2.5 million in startup cash for Netflix. Hastings was charged $40 for a late VHS copy of Apollo 13.
3. In 1997, they tested the concept of selling or renting DVDs by mail by mailing a compact disc to Hastings’ house in Santa Cruz.
4. It almost bought by blockbuster in 2000. Netflix had offered to sell Blockbuster a 49 percent stake in the company and become its online service but the offer was declined. The site could have changed its name to Blockbuster.com. but Netflix is now worth billions.
5. On April 2013 Netflix announced that it reaches 1 million subscribers and That was a great accomplishment for the company.
6. It has a record of 57.4 million unique Netflix subscribers online (as of January 2015). Since one subscription allows several people to watch Netflix, the number of actual users is much bigger.
7. The company is now providing the service in 190 countries around the world.
8. The Netflix employees get an unlimited vacation. They can expense without getting approval from their managers, as long as they’re acting in Netflix’s best interest. They don’t have traditional yearly performance reviews. These are the perks of Netflix employees.
9. The company has 76,897 different specific categories, according to The Atlantic. Some of the strangest categories include “Cool Moustaches,” “Dark Canadian Thrillers” and “Understated Detective TV Shows.”